The Crafty Side of Life

This is for all things crafty. Knitting, needlepoint, crochet.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ohhhhhh
Becky reminded me that I hadn't yet posted here (though I did on the KAL Blog) any pictures of the cable (insert ominous music here) scarf.

Notes first:
Cables aren't hard per say, but I do find them a little awkward (sp) at this moment. Most likely because I'm still new to the whole knitting thang. But it just feels like when you go to knit them off the cable needle that they have shrunk to a miniscule size. They look nice and they seem to be magic. One little change and POOF cables appear. :-)

Doing the scarf of size 8 needles in Red Hearts Super Saver in Aran Fleck.

Here's the pictures.
This one is the far away shot. So far I've done 2 rounds of the 8 row pattern.





This one is a slightly blurry close up of the cables.






I'm liking the appearance. I do hope that the yarn softens up just a tad after washing when it's done.

Yea Cables!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home